Please take note of the below advice for solar panel applications:
- Most solar panel installations cost more than $3,000.00 and are installed on a common property roof (which is owned and maintained by the body corporate, even if it is the roof of a single townhouse/duplex lot).
- For these reasons, most solar panel applications need to be considered at an annual general meeting (AGM) or extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of the body corporate, and need to be voted on by all owners.
- This is a different process to most other approval request types (which are generally decided within 6 weeks).
- The solar panels must not be installed until the body corporate has issued a letter of approval.
- If an approval is granted, the approval may contain conditions. The conditions of approval may require you to revise your installation plan, location, or some other aspect of your proposal.
Estimated timeframe for decision: This will depend on the AGM or EGM schedule for your individual body corporate, and your individual by-laws. Our team can advise you of estimate timeframes after we have reviewed the detail of your application. It may be possible for you to pay for an unscheduled meeting (EGM) if you want to receive a decision on your application before your next scheduled meeting.
BCsystems receives the application and provides it to the body corporate for their consideration. BCsystems does not make any decisions about your application.